SaturdaySat, September 26th Edition Go Back
Today in the World Countries
- Revolution Day is being celebrated in Yemen
- People born on this day are Libra as their zodiac sign.
Today in History
On this day in 2023
On this day in 2022
- Edward Snowden, former US intelligence contractor who exposed NSA surveillance program granted Russian citizenship by Vladimir Putin.
- Ronney Pettersson, Swedish soccer goalkeeper (17 caps; IFK Skövde, Djurgårdens IF, Hudiksvalls ABK), who died at 82.
On this day in 2021
- Laver Cup Men's Tennis, Boston: Team Europe whitewash Team World,14-1; Team Europe wins title for a 4th consecutive edition; Andrey Rublev 3-0 for event high 6 points.
- English musician Alan Lancaster died age 72 due to complications from multiple sclerosis. He is best known as a founding member and bassist of Status Quo, playing with the band from 1967 to 1985..
- German election: centre-left Social Democrats win most seats but not a majority over ruling conservative Christian Democratic Union without its retiring Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- 74th Tony Awards: "Moulin Rouge!" Best Musical, "The Inheritance" Best Play, Aaron Tveit, Lois Smith and Adrienne Warren win.
- Gabenotbabe, TikTok Star.
- Commander Cody [George Frayne], American singer and pianist (Commander Cody & Lost Planet Airmen - "Hot Rod Lincoln"), who died of esophageal cancer at 77.
- Alan Lancaster, British rock bassist (Status Quo,1967-85 - "Pictures of Matchstick Men"), who died from multiple sclerosis complications at 72.
- Ndakasi, Congolese mountain gorilla whose photobomb went viral, who died of illness at Virunga National Park at 14.
- Syarhyey Hyerasimets, Belarusian soccer midfielder (25 caps; Shakhter Donetsk, Dinamo Minsk) and manager (Okzhetpes, Piter Saint Petersburg), who died at 55.
On this day in 2020
- 108 pilot whales survive, while 350 die in Australia's largest mass stranding at Macquarie Harbour, Tasmania.
- President Donald Trump nominates Judge Amy Coney Barrett for the US Supreme Court to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
On this day in 2019
- Abortion is decriminalized in New South Wales, the last remaining Australian state to do so.
- US Income inequality widest for over 50 years, worst in California, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana and New York, according to new census figures.
- WHO announces 800,000 children in DR Congo will be vaccinated in nine days in worlds's largest measles epidemic that has taken over 3,500 lives.
- Martin Wesley-Smith, Australian composer, who died at 74.
- TV SERIES
- Perfect Harmony: Season 1 is released. Ex-Princeton music professor Arthur Cochran (Bradley Whitford) and a small-town church choir come together in this comedy from Lesley Wake Webster and Jason Winer.
- Sunnyside (2019): Season 1 is released. Disgraced New York City Councilman Garrett Modi (Kal Penn) is living with his sister and feeling sorry for himself until a group of people seek his help in helping them become American citizens in this comedy co-written by Penn and Matt Murray.
- Carol's Second Act: Season 1 is released. With her two children grown and newly divorced, Carol Kenney (Patricia Heaton) retires from teaching and begins pursuing her dream to become a doctor as a 50-years-old in this comedy from Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins.
- Evil: Season 1 is released. David Acosta, a priest-in-training (Mike Colter) recruits Kristen Bouchard, a forensic psychologist (Katja Herbers) and Ben, a carpenter (Aasif Mandvi) to help him evaluate if the phenomena reported to the church has scientific explanations or are actually supernatural in this series from from Robert and Michelle King.
- Frayed: Season 1 is released. Set in 1988, London housewife Sammy Cooper (Sarah Kendall) returns to her hometown in Australia with her two children after the death of her husband and moves in with her mother (Kerry Armstrong) and brother (Ben Mingay) in this Australian/British dramedy created by Kendall.[Originally aired in the UK on Sky One and in Australia on ABC in 2019]
- The Unicorn: Season 1 is released. Wade (Walton Goggins), a widower with two daughters reluctantly begins dating and discovers he is very popular in this comedy from Bill Martin and Mike Schiff.
- GAMING: PC
- Code Vein for PC is released. In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity's past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the center of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity. Wandering aimlessly in search of blood, the Lost will stop at nothing to satisfy their hunger. Team up and embark on a journey to the ends of hell to unlock your past and escape your living nightmare in Code Vein.
- Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones for PC is released. Delve into a role-playing game of horror, loss and madness set in the strange worlds of HP Lovecraft. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones offers a mix of rich role-playing and turn-based tactical combat, represented in an illustrative visual style. Can you find salvation in a dead world?
- GAMING: SWITCH
- Northgard for Switch is released. After years of tireless explorations, brave Vikings have discovered a new land filled with mystery, danger and riches: Northgard. The boldest Northmen have set sail to explore and conquer these new shores, bring fame to their Clan and write history through conquest, trading, or devotion to the Gods. That is, if they can survive the dire Wolves and Undead Warriors roaming the land, befriend or defeat the giants, and survive the harshest winters ever witnessed in the North.
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition for Switch is released. What starts with War, ends in Death. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother's name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation... Deathinitive Edition Features: - Darksiders II with all DLC included and integrated into the game which offers a total playtime of more than 30 hours - Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows - Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics - Running in native 1080p resolution - Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
- Fight'N Rage for Switch is released. Fight'N Rage is a brand new old-school side-scroller beat'em up. Inspired by the classics from the "golden age", and with an art style that mimics the aesthetic from the 90's arcade gems, this game pays homage to all classic gameplay features that makes this genre one of the best from its time!Details:Genre: Classic 2D side-scroller beat'em up / brawler.Number of players: From one up to three players local co-op.Available languages: English and Spanish.Features:* A lot of Combinations: Alternative paths, cutscenes and endings that can change based on the selected characters and your own decisions!* Fast and intense single-session gameplay: Each possible route in the arcade mode can be finished in less than one hour! (at least if you have mastered it.)* Explosive Combo System: Characters are capable of performing several skillful juggle-based combos that can make your enemies blow up into pieces!* Simplified Controls: Using only three buttons (attack, jump and special attack), you will be able to combine lots of movements in order to perform amazing combos!* Easy to Play, Hard to Master: Difficulty is not about bad controls or unfair rules it is about mastering your character's moves and dealing with tough enemies!* Local co-op mode: Up to 3 players with optional friendly fire (which is even more challenging!).* Custom Display Modes: Display settings includes optional CRT feels, scanlines and various color styles and more!* Lots of Unlockables: Earn in-game coins with your scores and get extra content like character's costumes, extra difficulty settings, more gameplay speeds, new game modes, new characters to use on these modes and much more!* Play as Enemies: More than 20 unlockable characters to play in the extra modes!* Training Mode: You can practice a lot of techniques and combos while earning new belts! Are you good enough to get the Black Belt?* Different Weapons: Each protagonist handles them in their own way.* Speedrun Timer: An exclusive in-game gadget compares current stage times against your best ones! (Of course, the cutscene time does not count, in order to let your fingers take a break believe me, you will need that.)* Fully Skippable Cutscenes: All cutscenes can be skipped or fast-forwarded in order to provide an (even more) intense gameplay.* Fair Score Rules: There's no easy way to increment your score while playing the score is directly related to your skills.* VS Mode: Perfect to play one vs one battles against another player or the CPU, or simply watch CPU vs CPU battles.* Parry System: A parry system lets you take the advantage even in the most dangerous situations!* Real challenges: It is all about how good you are at the game, not about an "exp"system or other RPG elements that reward your patience. The full moveset of every character is available from the start, so, you do not have to worry about leveling-up anything except your own skills as player!* Additional Insane Difficulties: Near impossible extra challenges for pro-gamers (which are not mandatory to unlock all game content).* Extremely Polished Gameplay: The playability is focused on fully responsive controls and intuitive commands. The characters can cancel normal attacks into special attacks, release themselves from enemy grabs and perform several chain movements. You will feel the power of controlling a character that perfectly responds to your actions!Story:In a far future, Earth was devastated by mutants who took control after a worldwide catastrophic event known as "the big pulse", a global scale electromagnetic pulse that put an end to all electronic technology on the planet. Humans are now enslaved by mutants led by "The Boss"in a world ruled by "the law of the jungle".However, not everything is lost two humans and a mutant rebel are willing to fight in order to stop this madness. Will they be strong enough? Well... that's up to you!Main Characters:Gal: A girl who escaped from traders of humans. She's an expert in her own kick-boxing-derived martial art. While her attacks don't have a long reach, her speed and agility have no equal and her technique and endurance are pretty good too. She is capable of avoiding almost every attack, an ability that comes in handy when facing multiple foes.Ricardo: A minotaur human-rights activist and a powerful wrestler. He's not very fast and his technique isn't as good as his comrades', but he has a pretty long reach, and his power and endurance are amazing. He's capable of destroying any enemy in record time!F. Norris: A runaway ninja whose past is a mystery. He's the one who mastered the ninjutsu style known as "the forbidden technique". While he might be pretty fragile compared to Gal or Ricardo, he has a great combination of reach, power and speed, plus an amazing technique that (when mastered) can take control of any situation.Credits:All the game (graphics, design and programing) was created by Sebastián García, while the full OST (composed of more than 40 great tracks!) was created by Gonzalo Varela.
- Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX for Switch is released. The hero, Copen, can dash into enemies to lock-on onto them so his shots never miss their mark. Put your ingenuity to the test, and you can use his "Bullit Dash"to fly through stages without touching the ground! You have many tools at your disposal, so make find a style that works for you and conquer each stage with style.
- Jacques Chirac, French politician, President of France (1995-2007) Prime Minister of France (1974-76,1986-88), who died at 86.
On this day in 2018
- TV SERIES
- Single Parents: Season 1 is released. Single father Will (Taran Killam) has become so obsessed with PTA and raising his daughter (Marlow Barkley) that a group of single parents that include Angie (Leighton Meester), Douglas (Brad Garrett), Poppy (Kimrie Lewis), and Miggy (Jake Cho), decide something must be done in this comedy from JJ Philbin and Liz Meriwether.
- A Million Little Things: Season 1 is released. After a friend (Ron Livingston) ends his life, his friends Gary (James Roday), Eddie (David Giuntoli), Rome (Romany Malco), Maggie (Allison Miller), Regina (Christina Moses), Ashley (Christina Ochoa), Delilah (Stephanie Szostak), and Sophie (Lizzy Greene) come together in this drama from D.J. Nash.
- GAMING: PC
- Deep Sky Derelicts for PC is released. Deep Sky Derelicts is an original combination of turn-based strategy and RPG, enriched with tactical card combat and popular roguelike elements. Explore derelict alien ships, fight, loot and upgrade your gear, all in distinctive retro-futuristic comic book aesthetic style.
- GAMING: PLAYSTATION 4
- Life is Strange 2 for PlayStation 4 is released. The long awaited sequel to the award winning Life is Strange returns with a new 5-part narrative adventure from DONTNOD Entertainment.
On this day in 2017
- Saudi Arabia announces it is overturning its ban on women driving - last country in the world to do so.
- World's second-largest gem-quality diamond, the "Lesedi La Rona", sells for $53m.
- Robert Delpire, French publisher, editor and photographer, who died at 91.
- TV SERIES
- Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders: Season 1 is released. Dick Wolf expands his Law & Order franchise with the true crime series focusing on the 1996 murder trial of Lyle (Gaston Villanueva) and Erik Menendez (Gus Halper) who were defended by defense attorney Leslie Abramson (Edie Falco).
- GAMING: PC
- FIFA 18 for PC is released. Score incredible goals in FIFA 18 as new movement and finishing animations unlock more fluid striking and heading of the ball. All-new crossing controls bring greater options to how you send it into the box. Whipped to the spot, arching deliveries, and pinged crosses to the back-stick will shake up your attacks in the final third. The biggest step in gameplay, FIFA 18 introduces Real Player Motion Technology, an all-new animation system that unlocks the next level of responsiveness and player personality. Now Cristiano Ronaldo and other top players feel and move exactly like they do on the real pitch. From tiki-taka to high press, new Team Styles put the most recognised tactics of the world's best clubs on the pitch in FIFA 18. Enjoy more time and space to read the play through New Player Positioning, while improved tactics give players greater options on the ball as teammates exploit space and make new attacking runs. [Electronic Arts]
- Hob for PC is released. Awaken to a world in disarray and uncover your role as you explore stunning landscapes and repair the planet itself. Runic Games, the award-winning studio behind Torchlight and Torchlight II, welcomes you to Hob.
- GAMING: PLAYSTATION 4
- Fragments of Him for PlayStation 4 is released. When a young man dies suddenly, his friends and family are left to pick up the pieces. What were his last thoughts, what were the moments in which he changed their lives, and how will their lives be without him?
- DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles for PlayStation 4 is released. Become a Paladin of Voltron and experience a unique story created exclusively for VR. Join Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Keith, and Shiro from DreamWorks’ Voltron: Legendary Defender as you battle dangerous intergalactic threats.
- Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 2: The Pact for PlayStation 4 is released. Harley Quinn, the standout character in the episode, exhibits a drastic shift in her power dynamic with Joker.
- Blue Reflection for PlayStation 4 is released. Blue Reflection takes place at Hoshinomiya Girls' High School, where players assume the role of student Hinako Shirai. When Hinako's ballet career comes to an end after a tragic accident, she closes her heart off from the rest of the world. However, her life changes when she meets her new best friends, the magical Shijou twins -- Yuzu, who is adored by her classmates for her cheerful and warm personality, and Lime, who is more logical and selfish.The twin sisters bestow Hinako with the power of a Reflector, a champion who can manipulate a mysterious parallel dimension known as The Common. Hinako can freely move and shape this mystical realm's beauty with her imagination, but she soon understands the very real perils that await her and her friends. As Hinako learns to treasure her companions and creates new bonds with those around her, she gains new strength to help her fight in The Common.FEATURES:Study, Play, Fight: Blue Reflection takes place at a vibrant all-girls school, Hoshinomiya Girls' High School, where players will experience the everyday school life and hang out with their friends. As players meet emotionally unbalanced characters, a gap to The Common opens, a mysterious parallel dimension filled with demonic inhabitants, allowing them to solve the problems between the dimensions.Reflect Pure Emotions: In The Common, Hinako and her friends transform into Reflectors, allowing them to move freely and fight the demonic creatures that live within this realm. Through gathering emotional fragments and the emotional energy, known as Ether, the Reflectors are able to perform incredible abilities.Get your own Free Space!: Staying in touch with friends can always be tough, but using the 'Free Space!' social network allows easy communication, and exciting mini-games, in and out of school.Make the most of your free time: After classes have ended players can partake in after-class activities, explore The Common or explore a variety of exciting places in town. Your actions affect what events will take place the next day!
- Light Tracer for PlayStation 4 is released. Light Tracer is a VR platform puzzler in which the player is a godlike creature who has to guide a princess in despair up the enormous Tower of Bellbatis.
- Nioh: Bloodshed's End for PlayStation 4 is released. The Siege of Osaka is over. The bloody Sengoku period is nearing its end and so too is William's adventure.In this final story expansion for Nioh return to Japan months after the events of "Defiant Honor"as the country teeters on the verge of war. With new allies at his side, William must face-off against the last remaining anti-shogunate forces led by Yodogimi, as she prepares for battle against Tokugawa himself.Conquer new missions, wield powerful weapons and gear, master two Guardian Spirits including the mythical Nine-Tailed Fox, and end the bloodshed once and for all.Finally, veteran samurai are invited to The Abyss a perpetual battleground of the underworld from which only the strongest of warriors can hope to emerge.
- Pinball FX3 for PlayStation 4 is released. Multiplayer matchups, user generated tournaments and league play create endless opportunity for pinball competition.
- Ruiner for PlayStation 4 is released. RUINER is a brutal action shooter set in the year 2091 in the cyber metropolis Rengkok. A wired sociopath lashes out against a corrupt system to uncover the truth and retrieve his kidnapped brother under the guidance of a secretive hacker friend.
- GAMING: PLAYSTATION VITA
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PlayStation Vita is released. Welcome to a new world of Danganronpa, and prepare yourself for the biggest, most exhilarating episode yet. Set in a psycho-cool environment, a new cast of 16 characters find themselves kidnapped and imprisoned in a school. Inside, some will kill, some will die, and some will be punished. Reimagine what you thought high-stakes, fast-paced investigation was as you investigate twisted murder cases and condemn your new friends to death.KEY FEATURES:* A New Danganronpa Begins - Forget what you thought you knew about Danganronpa and join a completely new cast of Ultimates for a brand-new beginning.* Murder Mysteries - In a world where everyone is trying to survive, nobodys motivations are quite what they seem. Use your skills to solve each new murder or meet a gruesome end.* Lie, Panic, Debate! - The world is shaped by our perception of it. Fast-paced trial scenes will require lies, quick wits, and logic to guide your classmates to the right conclusions.* New Mini Games - Between the madness of murdered peers and deadly trials, enjoy an abundance of brand-new mini games!
- Fights break out in Uganda's parliament during debate to raise presidential age limit.
- The video game Fortnite: Battle Royale is released, eventually becoming one of the most popular games worldwide.
On this day in 2016
- Universal, Warner Brothers, Sony and several other record labels filed a law suit against the operators of YouTube-mp3.org, a service that allowed its users to remove audio from videos streamed on YouTube. The court action, launched against a German company, alleged that "tens, or even hundreds, of millions of tracks are illegally copied and distributed by stream ripping services each month.".
- Actress Naomi Watts and actor Liv Schreiber announce their separation after 11 years together.
- First US Presidential debate: Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton vs Republican Donald Trump at Hofstra University.
On this day in 2015
- Jackson Khai Nguyen, YouTube Star, born in Florida.
- Jackson Nguyen, YouTube Star, born in Florida.
- Fred Ridgway, England cricket fast bowler (5 Tests,7 wickets, BB 4/83; Kent CCC, MCC), who died at 92.
- Manuel Oltra, Spanish secular and sacred music composer, and professor (Barcelona Conservatory,1959-87), who died at 93.
- Toshiya Sukegawa, Japanese contemporary classical and electro-acoustic composer (The Eternal Morning 1945.8.6; A Projection), who died at 85.
On this day in 2014
- World Health Organizations estimates that Ebola death toll has reached 3,091 - with Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone hit hardest.
- 43 students from Ayotzinapa Teachers College go missing (and presumed murdered) in Iguala on their way to a protest - one of Mexico's worst human rights cases.
- MOVIES: NOT RATED
- Lilting is released. Set in contemporary London, Lilting tells the story of a Cambodian-Chinese mother mourning the untimely death of her son. Her world is suddenly disrupted by the presence of a stranger. Though they don’t share a common language, a translator helps piece together the memories of a man they both loved. [Strand Releasing]
- Hellaware is released. Jaded by what sells at prominent art galleries, Nate (Keith Poulson) embarks on a quest for a more authentic brand of contemporary art. When a coked-up YouTube search leads to a music video from Delawarean Goth rappers Young Torture Killers, an Insane Clown Posse knock-off, Nate knows he’s found his subjects. He soon drags his friend-with-benefits Bernadette (Sophia Takal) to rural Delaware to shoot the group playing in their parents’ basement. To “immerse himself” in the group’s culture and add an extra layer of realism to his work, Nate befriends the rappers and makes return trips to get to know them. But as his relationship with group develops, he becomes increasingly aware that, while you can take the boy out of the art world, you can’t take the art world out of the boy.
- Advanced Style is released. Advanced Style examines the lives of seven unique New Yorkers whose eclectic personal style and vital spirit have guided their approach to aging. Based on Ari Seth Cohen’s famed blog of the same name, this film paints intimate and colorful portraits of independent, stylish women aged 62 to 95 who are challenging conventional ideas about beauty, aging, and Western’s culture’s increasing obsession with youth.
- MOVIES: PG
- The Boxtrolls is released. In the village of Cheesebridge, a Victorian-era berg obsessed with wealth, class and stinky fine cheeses, Eggs, a young orphan boy raised by the Boxtrolls, a lovable group of underground cave-dwelling trash collectors, tries to save his friends from an evil exterminator, Archibald Snatcher, with the help of a wealthy local girl named Winnie.
- MOVIES: PG13
- The Two Faces of January is released. In 1962, the charismatic Chester MacFarland (Viggo Mortensen) and his alluring younger wife Colette (Kirsten Dunst), arrive in Athens by boat via the Corinthian Canal. While sightseeing at the Acropolis they encounter Rydal (Oscar Isaac), a young, Greek-speaking American who is working as a tour guide, scamming tourists on the side. Drawn to Colette’s beauty and impressed by Chester’s wealth and sophistication, Rydal gladly accepts their invitation to dinner. However, all is not as it seems with the MacFarlands, and Chester’s affable exterior hides darker secrets.
- MOVIES: R
- The Equalizer is released. McCall (Denzel Washington) is a former black ops commando who faked his death to live a quiet life in Boston. When he comes out of his self-imposed retirement to rescue a young girl, Teri (Chloë Grace Moretz), he finds himself face to face with ultra-violent Russian gangsters. As he serves vengeance against those who brutalize the helpless, McCall’s desire for justice is reawakened. If someone has a problem, the odds are stacked against them, and they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.
- Pride is released. It’s the summer of 1984. Margaret Thatcher is in power and the National Union of Mineworkers is on strike, prompting a London-based group of gay and lesbian activists to raise money to support the strikers’ families. Initially rebuffed by the Union, the group identifies a tiny mining village in Wales and sets off to make their donation in person. As the strike drags on, the two groups discover that standing together makes for the strongest union of all. [CBS Films]
- Jimi: All Is by My Side is released. Covering a year in Jimi Hendrix’s life from 1966-67 as an unknown backup guitarist playing New York’s Cheetah Club to making his mark in London’s music scene up until his Monterey Pop triumph, the film presents an intimate portrait of the sensitive young musician on the verge of becoming a rock legend.
- Plastic is released. Sam (Ed Speleers) leads a ring of university student credit card thieves. When they inadvertently rob a notorious gangster named Marcel (Thomas Kretschmann), they are forced to up their game 10 times the amount stolen with interest. They take their scam on the road to Miami, the city of “high stakes” to pay off their debt. After a series of unfortunate mistakes, Sam’s team falls short of their debt and they set their sights on a daring jewelry heist. Sam now needs to finish the scam, while turning the tables on Marcel before everyone in the team goes down.
- Good People is released. Tom and Anna Reed (James Franco and Kate Hudson) fall into severe debt while renovating Anna's family home in London. As the couple faces the loss of their dream to have a house and start a family, they discover that the tenant in the apartment below them has been murdered, and he left behind $400,000 in cash. Though initially hesitant, Tom and Anna decide that the plan is simple: all they have to do is quietly take the money and use only what's necessary to get them out of debt. But when they start spending the money and can't seem to stop, they find themselves the target of a deadly adversary—the thief who stole it—and that's when very bad things start happening to good people. [Millennium Entertainment]
- Fishing Without Nets is released. A Somali pirate has a crisis of conscience during a hijacking after befriending a hostage.
- Two Night Stand is released. A no-strings-attached, online hook-up turns into a morning after disaster for twenty-something New Yorkers Alec (Miles Teller) and Megan (Analeigh Tipton).
- TV SERIES
- Transparent: Season 1 is released. Mort Pfefferman's (Jeffrey Tambor) announcement to his family causes more secrets to come out from his ex-wife Shelly (Judith Light) and their three grown children--Ali (Gaby Hoffmann), Josh (Jay Duplass), and Sarah (Amy Landecker) in this Jill Soloway dark comedy.
- Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was released by Thom Yorke. The latest solo album from the Radiohead frontman was a surprise Friday release through BitTorrent.
- GAMING: PC
- Neverending Nightmares for PC is released. A psychological horror game inspired by the developer's battle with mental illness. Explore nightmares with a Branching narrative.
- GAMING: WII U
- Hyrule Warriors for Wii U is released. The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time lead by Sorceress Cia. Now its up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda. Advance the story to unlock new playable characters with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which you can use to bolster each warriors abilities. Then unleash the full power of your attacks with intense combos to clear wave after wave of Bokoblin hordes. Youll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time.* Play as fan-favorite characters like Link and Impa for the first time in the series!* Battle the fiercest Legend of Zelda enemies across Hyrules most famous locales.* Lay waste to your opponents with brutally efficient attacks and intense combos* Think tactically and complete missions in the most efficient way possible
On this day in 2013
- La Capone, Rapper.
- TV SERIES
- The Michael J. Fox Show: Season 1 is released. In his first regular sitcom role since Spin City, Michael J. Fox plays a TV news anchor who returns to work after a five-year retirement following a Parkinson's diagnosis. Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad), Wendell Pierce (The Wire), and Katie Finneran (Wonderfalls) also star.
- The Crazy Ones: Season 1 is released. In his first TV sitcom starring role since Mork & Mindy ended in 1982, Robin Williams plays Simon Roberts, the unpredictable head of a Chicago advertising agency, where he works with his more focused daughter Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar). James Wolk (Mad Men) and Hamish Linklater also star for creator David E. Kelley (Ally McBeal, Boston Legal).
- GAMING: PC
- Shadow Warrior for PC is released. Shadow Warrior is reimagining of 3D Realms' cult classic shooter from developer Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset) and independent game label Devolver Digital (Serious Sam 3: BFE, Hotline Miami, LUFTRAUSERS) for PC and next-gen consoles. Blending the viciously over-the-top gunplay of its predecessor with the elegant precision of the powerful katana, Shadow Warrior promises to be an imaginative take on the classic arcade-style shooter.